* MALASSEZIA DICTIONARY *
Malassezia: Deterrents-Fakes- Breeders and Killers
Malassezia and Environmental Treatments
In the Bath and / or Directly on the Body – (Topical Results)
* Laundry Detergent
* Pool Salt in bath water when seawater not available.
* Mineral tablets in bath water whensea water not available
* Bicarbonate Soda
* Natural Sea Salt (Celtic)
* Epsom salts
* Alfalfa, Wheat Grass, Barley Greens
* Charcoal Tablets
( Some More Aggravating or No Effect whatsoever )
Some Methods Used
* Water Bombs with a richly wet facecloth
(LOL! when i was a Naïve Newbie and did not know the right way to do it)
* Hair Drier , Heater and Cool Fan
(Deterring until Area returned to normal temperature – Cool Fan Ineffective)
* Extremely Hot Water or Air – ( No Difference )
* Extremely Cold Water – wash /dip in wash basin ( No Difference )
(Perhaps if emerged area for an hour in ice blocks
and manage to avoid hypothermia, clotting, heart attack etc….
would such risk be worth the effort to treat topically only and temporary?)
* Extremely Cold Water – walking in the Sea
(Highly Effective especially when temperature 16 C)
* TENS Machine (Transcutaneous Electronic Nerve Stimulation)
Topically Effective -Drawback: the pads are coated with glue gel
thus re-inviting yeast when currents stop
* Dousing and Treating Internal Vagina area
(Temporary relief but not effective clearing)
* Inserting Vitamin C powder -tablet
(Appears Malassezia likes acidity – seems to attract instead of repel)
* Inserting Salt and Soda individually and together –(Made no difference)
* Clotrimazol Cream as well as Tablet
(Tablet only may have been OK but not available in quantity.
Cream was a disaster of Malassezia attraction due to its emollient basis.)
* Inserting Antibiotic tablets -Temporary deterrent
* Inserting Cotton Wool ( to keep area totally Dry)
(Initially deterring while dry -Malassezia avoids dry- then becomes inviting
due to its hair/fibre like quality and moisture absorption.
* Creating Environmental ‘Arctic Effect’
(Winter 5-8 Celsius during Night- No heating-leaving window/door open
and turning the fan on – no Blanket no pyjamas just light vest and knickers)
No Effect on Malassezia – could easily come with me to the North Pole…
* ‘Heat Effect’ – Using Hair Drier on High
– On Head/ Scalp
– Near as close as possible to delicate Private areas
– Anywhere where a crawling sensation was felt
(And while i was getting singed i could hear Malassezia laughing!)
* Intentional Perspiration Drenching
– Turning On Electric Blanket on High All Night
– Long Flannelette winter pyjamas
– Woollen Beanie on head
– Covering Body with Quilt plus Blankets
(This certainly brought it out of all areas but did not do it any harm
Perhaps the heat threatened it or perspiration /humidity stimulated it.
One beneficial result was that a lot of Malassezia Gray /Orange sticky
was on my Clothes rather than on my Body)
* Heat Soak – Nail Brush Scrub- with Pyrithione Zinc
(Seems to be a moderately effective control on both body and scalp
It is still part of my daily routine.
until suspected formula change with detrimental effects – and discontinued
( Generally most of the above except where otherwise stated
either More Aggravating or No Effect whatsoever )
* Swimming in Chlorinated Pool – (not anymore)
(Drove Malassezia into internal areas -took me a long time to realise
although i could feel it crawling as soon as i hit the water
and chlorine dried the skin rendering it vulnerable to easy Malassezia digging)
* Swimming in Salt-Chlorinated Pool – (not anymore)
Same as above but more quiet time before its returning to the surface
which i had also initially wrongly interpreted for a while as clearing.
* Washing All Bedding and All Clothing Daily (still Do!)
Yet there have been times when i was dealing with fractured bones
and was unable to follow strict routine yet there was no dramatic change.
* Bombing the House with Permethrin and other Pesticides
No Effect whatsoever!
* Discarding Furniture, Bedding, Clothing etc.
(2/3 of All Contamination Susceptible items replacing with new)
Felt good buying new ones but No effect on Malassezia
* Moving Out of Home and Renting – in Newly Built Apartment
A very Expensive Eye Opener to the Reality and Nature
of what i was truly dealing with.
Many helpful discoveries – Many puzzle pieces came together
many false beliefs or interpretations cleared and observed
with a more open accepting mind, leading to better
healthier and more effective solutions been followed since .
ALL MENTIONED ABOVE PROVED USELESS AND COSTLY
Yet Some Measures Necessary to a Moderate Degree
As Reasonable Daily Maintenance
( For More Details See Relevant Entries
on right side Menu – and on Malassezia Blog)
Coming Next: Malassezia Categories of Treatments (5)
Malassezia Fighter Benefactors
Malassezia Categories of Treatments List
Malassezia Categories of Treatments (1) – D
Malassezia Categories of Treatments (2) – D
Malassezia Categories of Treatments (3) – D
Malassezia Categories of Treatments (4) – D
Malassezia Categories of Treatments (5)-D